About Internal Audit
Welcome to North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics’ Internal Audit site. Internal audit is dedicated to adding value to the School through continuous improvement, risk assessment, and internal control evaluation efforts. We are obligated to maintain high standards of competence, objectivity, confidentiality, and integrity in the performance of our duties and responsibilities.
Internal Audit is here to serve all departments of NCSSM by providing independent, proactive analysis of operations, financial activities, and systems of internal control. The purpose of such analysis is to evaluate whether resources are used in accordance with State and UNC system requirements and with the School’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Please contact Internal Audit any time you:
- Have questions or concerns regarding internal controls, protection of NCSSM resources, or compliance with policies, rules, regulations or law.
- Are considering implementing a new business process or making a change to the way business is currently done and would like advice regarding the appropriate internal controls that should be built into the process.
- Plan to engage an external entity for an audit, review, or consulting activity.
- Are notified by any outside agency of a pending audit or review of your department, business process, or program.
- Are aware of any instances of fraud, waste, abuse or misuse of NCSSM resources, or have other concerns regarding noncompliance, effective oprations, or matters that may be detrimental to the School or its reputation.
If we can assist you in any way, please contact us. We will work with you to find solutions that strengthen your internal processes and help manage risk. We are here to serve you and value your feedback.