721 Foster Street
Durham, NC 27701
To give our county’s residents easy access to the resources and expertise of NC State University and NC A&T University through educational programs, publications, and events.
Agency’s Goals and Programs:
DCCE offers numerous programs such as PFAST for parents and students in grades K-12 in public schools, and Welcome Baby, which offers free clothes and other baby products for families along with classes to teach them how to take care of their babies.
Agency Impact on Community:
DCCE has given people opportunities and other things that they would not have gotten otherwise and has offered programs for all ages for years. They have also kept kids busy with 4-H programs for a long time.
- Assisting the coordinator with Kid’s Voting
- Organizing files
- Updating business contacts online
- Contacting youth organizations and medical contacts
- Volunteering at a leadership summer camp
- Taking care of children and helping to coordinate their activities