Welcome to the Science Department of the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics! I am privileged to lead the Science faculty at NCSSM - a talented, creative, and experienced group of scientist-educators who model and encourage the skills of scientific inquiry, as well as the curiosity, openness to new ideas, and skepticism that characterize science. We challenge our students with a rigorous study of science that promotes youthful enthusiasm for learning and engagement in relevant scientific issues. Throughout our science courses students learn to communicate, a clear understanding of key scientific concepts, and relate those concepts across disciplines.
Message from the Dean
Events and Accolades
- 10/17/14 - Students present at ACS Conference in Nashville
- 10/20/14 - Congratulations to Jenny Wang, Regional Finalist for Siemens
- 10/16/14 - Siemens Semifinalists!
- 9/1/14 - Physics teacher, Charlie Payne interviewed by WUNC
- 10/18/14 - Young Women in Bio hosts NCSSM students at ASTC Conference
- 10/16/14 - Belton Moore attends World Food Prize Global Youth Institute