Welcome to the Science Department of the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics! I am privileged to lead the Science faculty at NCSSM - a talented, creative, and experienced group of scientist-educators who model and encourage the skills of scientific inquiry, as well as the curiosity, openness to new ideas, and skepticism that characterize science. We challenge our students with a rigorous study of science that promotes youthful enthusiasm for learning and engagement in relevant scientific issues. Throughout our science courses students learn to communicate, a clear understanding of key scientific concepts, and relate those concepts across disciplines.
Message from the Dean
Events and Accolades
- 1/31/15 - Science Bowl Winners at NC Regional
- NCSAS - Keynote speaker - Dr. Fred Gould, NCSU - "With the great new powers of molecular genetics comes great responsibilities"
- NCSAS - State Competition on campus
- Registration Open for NCSAS - State Competition
- NCSSM students repair trails at Duke Forest
- 1/22/15 - Teacher Awards